The Zionist Conspiracy
Monday, September 12, 2011
1. For the first time since the early 90's, I watched a Jets home opener on TV at home.
This is the type of game the Jets rarely win, and wins are good in the short NFL season. Yet the Jets' performance is cause for concern.
2. On offense, the line was terrible in both run blocking and pass protection. Wayne Hunter was particularly awful.
Mark Sanchez seems to always get off to terrible starts.
Derrick Mason didn't look good. I thought generally that the offense missed Braylon Edwards, who should have been brought back.
LaDainian Tomlinson was very good in the passing game.
To their credit, the Jets abandoned the run (perhaps by necessity due to the score) and let Mark Sanchez throw the ball.
3. The defense came out completely flat, similar to the AFC Championship loss. The Jets' linebackers still can't defend against the pass.
Antonio Cromartie came up very small last night.
4. Special teams won the game for the Jets. The blocked punt for a TD tied the game, and Nick Folk - who I'm not a big fan of - deserves kudos for his game winning field goal.
5. Unlike me, Al Michaels was around in 1968. But last night he incorrectly identified Buddy Ryan - rather than Walt Michaels - as the Jets' defensive coordinator during their Super Bowl season.