"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, June 16, 2003
 
Lieberman On Lieberman

More than a decade ago, I went to yeshiva and college with a staunch conservative by the name of Joseph Lieberman. Lieberman was frustrated by the failure of Jews to support the first President Bush. We often argued about Bush's and James Baker's betrayal of Israel in the UN Security Council in the months before the first Gulf War, as well as Bush's refusal to agree to guarantee loans to Israel unless Prime Minister Shamir's government stopped all construction in Judea and Samaria. Senator Lieberman of Connecticut was then in his first term, and I recall that my friend would complain a bit about sharing a name with an up-and-coming Democrat.

I last spoke with Joseph Lieberman from Boro Park in 1995, around the time he got married, and was surprised to open today's Times to find a feature about a book named "Joseph Lieberman is a Pious Liberal and Other Observations" that he has written.

I don't know if I'd agree with much of it, but offer the best of luck to Lieberman on his book.