"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, March 24, 2005
 
Books

The esteemed Emmy-winning screenwriter Robert J. Avrech of Seraphic Press passes along a few questions about books to me because he is "really curious about Joe's taste in books." I'm honored that Robert has asked me these questions, though am not sure I'm the best candidate for the query.

Off the cuff, here are the questions and my answers.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Is this asking what book I would want to have burned? If so, I guess anything by Noam Chomsky would be a good candidate.

The last book you bought is:

The Hebrew Kid And The Apache Maiden, by Robert J. Avrech. I started reading this book on Friday night December 10, 2004 and finished it on Saturday afternoon, December 11, 2004. On December 12, 2004, my son was born. I highly recommend the book; my review appears on Amazon.

The last book you read:

Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5 When my son has had colic and kept me up at night, I've consulted this book, and it continues to remain on my couch. Since my son is only 3 1/2 months old, I'm still in the early chapters, but I've read up to his age.

What are you currently reading?

The Dawn: Political Teachings of the Book of Esther, by Yoram Hazony. This book works as a novel, as a book on Jewish thought, and as a political manifesto.

Five books you would take to a deserted island.

1. The Tanach
2. Six Days Of War, by Michael Oren
3. Look Back, Mrs. Lot, by Ephraim Kishon (and almost everything else by Kishon)
4. Journey to Tradition, by Michael Levin. This book was written in the 80's; I found it in Strand Bookstore in Greenwich Village in 1995 and am happy I did.
5. Aryeh Kaplan Anthology, by Aryeh Kaplan. Rabbi Kaplan, who passed away in the early 1980's at the age of 48, left behind many important works that are included in this anthology.