"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
 
Rachel's Tomb

Speaking of Rachel's Tomb, which is located just inside Bethlehem and just south of Jerusalem, recently I read a description of how beautiful the complex now looks.

Perhaps the complex is more aesthetically pleasing now, but it's also a fortress. Personally, I think it's sad that one must enter a very heavily secured area to pray at Rachel's Tomb.

During a visit to Israel in the early 1990's, I took a bus to Rachel's Tomb, walked about a block and prayed for about 45 minutes. There were probably two, maybe three IDF soldiers there. When I was done, I waited for the public bus across the street, where Arabs walked around. With my kippa on, I walked into an Arab-owned store, and bought a Diet Coke.

It's not as though things were so peaceful back then. It's just that the Palestinians hadn't yet been given arms.