"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, May 13, 2005
 
Good Shabbos Greetings In Boro Park

Today's New York Times has a long feature, beginning on the front page of the B (Metro) section, about Reform Jews in Boro Park.

The feature quotes Rabbi Karen Kaplan of Boro Park's sole Reform temple as follows:

"When I say 'Good Shabbos,' some of them say it back to me," Rabbi Kaplan said. "Some of them."

Boro Park residents are notorious for too often failing to reciprocate greetings of Good Shabbos; indeed, two years ago, The Jewish Press had a long and vigorous debate on the topic in its Letters to the Editor section. If some Boro Park residents say 'Good Shabbos' to Kaplan, it sounds to me like she's doing just fine, certainly no worse than anyone else in the neighborhood.

In any event, I'll be in Boro Park this shabbos at my parents' home, and will be sure to say Good Shabbos should I come across Kaplan or any of her congregants.