"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, May 08, 2005
 
Two Years

Two years ago today and 658 posts ago, this blog was created.

Two years is a very long time in the Jewish blogosphere.

In this blog's early days, the quality of my posts was superior to the more recent ones. That's not meant as self deprecating; it seems that many bloggers do their best work when they start. Ironically, nobody reads the earliest posts.

My first post was about the future of the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria. Also on the blog's first day, I posted about Mike Piazza's move to first base, writing that he'll probably "be even worse than Mo Vaughn at first" and about charedi Zionism, among other posts.

My first post about the Jets came a couple of weeks before the start of the 2003 season, when I wrote that "the Jets have provided me with 25 years of aggravation, frustration and misery." Prior to that 6-10 season, in which Chad Pennington missed the first six games, I predicted that the Jets will "lose a lot, but most of their losses will be close. When we're ready to give up, they'll win two in a row, before losing another close one."

On the same day as my inaugural Jets post, I wrote about a chasidic man I met in an Upper West Side shul the previous shabbos. A few days earlier, a suicide bomber blew up the Number 2 bus returning from the Western Wall. 23 were killed - including many children - and more than 130 were injured, some permanently maimed. What I didn't write at the time was that this man was crying during the services, and initially I figured that either he was extremely pious, or a bit eccentric, probably both. But then during a break in the Torah reading, he told me that his son's wife's mother and infant brother - visiting Jerusalem from New Square - were on that bus and were murdered in the bombing, with a sister seriously wounded.

Far too many others who were alive on May 8, 2003 have since been murdered by Palestinian terrorists.

Let's hope that the next two years bring security for the people of the U.S. and Israel, along with the resumption of NHL hockey. More than that (such as a Jets Super Bowl or real peace with the Arabs) would be too much to ask for.