"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, October 14, 2005
 
Jason Maoz, Snubs and Jbloggers

Just a few somewhat belated thoughts re: the criticism by some Jbloggers of Jason Maoz's recent list of his favorite blogs:

1. The list is simply Maoz's own subjective list of blogs that he reads and likes. Why would anyone get excited over whether they are included on one person's list? Granted, my blog is included on the list, which is certainly appreciated, but when it comes down to it, it's not as though an appearance on the list results in a massive (or even a significant) amount of increased traffic.

2. Someone actually asked me if I was upset that another blogger did not include my recent post about the Lakewood Internet ban on his roundup of posts from the Jewish blogosphere on that subject.

Plenty of things get me upset, such as Herm Edwards, frum Jews in New Jersey wanting the IDF to fight to the last Israeli, the fact that the roof of the house in which I rent the top floor leaked into my clothing closet last shabbos and remains unfixed, Willie Randolph, or the new scratches on my car's bumpers that seem to appear daily with the morning dew.

Not being linked by someone? Come on. The guy probably doesn't read my blog. And if for some reason he actually snubbed me intentionally, should I be insulted? I hope not.

But I guess some bloggers, likely the more popular ones (I'm not referring to anyone specifically, honestly), take themselves and their blogs seriously. Maybe I'm fortunate that now, at this blog's peak of popularity, I'm still averaging only around 125 unique visitors and 225 hits per day (numbers that once seemed like a lot), not enough to get a blogger ego trip.

3. Speaking of Maoz, I bet he's the only editor of a major Jewish paper that actually regularly reads blogs and publishes op-eds by bloggers. In contrast, Gary Rosenblatt of The Jewish Week scoffed at blogs and bloggers in a column he wrote, while Jewish weeklies generally have either ignored blogs or published tired, boring and inaccurate features about them by lazy freelance writers.