"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
 
MoChassid's Foster Baby

The Jewish blogosphere can sometimes be a nasty place, so the semi-return of MoChassid is most welcome.

Clearly a man of integrity, modesty and kindness, over the last few days MoChassid has written several posts about his family's taking a 10 week old baby into their home five months ago. Today, in his latest post on the subject, he wrote, in part:

I do not have the words adequate to describe the joy that The Baby has brought to our home in the last 5 months. How do you explain your feelings when a baby smiles for the first time. Or when you get her to laugh by making goofy faces. Or when she wakes up in the morning and coos for 15 or 20 minutes before she realizes she's hungry. Or when she clutches your finger when you feed her? How do you explain what it means when your kids fight over who gets to hold or feed her (last Shabbos as we were sitting down for Kiddush, my younger daughter said, "I call her for after washing!"), how they fawn over her and love her. Who could ever have imagined that at age 50 I get to help raise the cutest little neshama that you can imagine. I get to see her every development. And, with age, I appreciate each and every step, perhaps more than I did with my own kids when I was younger and more foolish.

And what are the costs? So we wake up once or twice in the middle of the night. Big deal. I get right back to sleep. So we don't go out as frequently? We were never big out-goers. There is no sacrifice at all. We are the beneficiaries. That is the truth.


Thanks to MoChassid for returning - at least temporarily - to our ranks to offer us his inspiring message of selflessness. We are the beneficiaries. That is the truth.