"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
 
Disneyland

Joe Schick, your New York Jets have just won their season finale against the Buffalo Bills to finish the season with a 4-12 record. What are you going to do now?!

I'm going to Disneyland!

Actually, I'm not sure if I'll be going to Disneyland, but after the Jets dismal display over the past 17 weeks, I need to get away for a little while. So I'm off to LA tomorrow to commence a week on the West Coast.

Six years ago, I visited LA the day after the 1999 season ended. While driving from the airport to the Valley, I heard on the radio that Bill Parcells had resigned and would be replaced by Bill Belichick, The next night, while at the Staples Center for a Lakers vs. Clippers game, I called a friend who told me that Belichick had also resigned.

Hopefully on this trip, my luck (and that of the Jets) will be different, and I will find out that Herm Edwards is off to Kansas City. Is it really possible that the Jets could actually rid themselves of Herm and get a compensatory draft pick? It sounds too good to be true, but one can hope. (Of course, if GM Terry Bradway is still around, the draft pick won't be worth much.)

My first stop in LA will of course be to The Milky Way, the kosher restaurant on Pico Blvd. owned by Steven Spielberg's mom, where I'll berate Mrs. Adler for her son's latest film.

Just kidding. I won't get to The Milky Way until at least Friday.

When I planned this vacation in September, I made sure to leave and return on a weekday, since otherwise I might miss a Jets playoff game. As it turns out, I won't be missing any Jets games, but I will be missing the Rangers' tribute to Mark Messier, whose number will be retired in a pre-game ceremony next Thursday night, while I'm on an airplane back to JFK.

Anyway, my Internet access will be very limited at best over the next week, and I will likely not be able to post. In the meantime, I will post three old posts that I believe remain relevant and interesting.