"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, March 09, 2006
 
Gang Green Hires Associate, Leaving Elster and Schick Green With Envy

I'm not complaining about my job, but it would sure be nice to go work for the New York Jets and get paid to help them win a Super Bowl.

How then, should quite competent attorneys like me and Elster feel today, upon reading the news that a David Socie, an associate at Akin Gump's DC office, has been hired by the Jets to negotiate contracts and handle the Jets' salary cap?

I'm pretty sure that my credentials and knowledge of the cap are as good as Socie's. With a little studying, Elster too could master the nuances of the cap, albeit perhaps not quite as well as me.

Truth be told, Socie might well be an excellent lawyer, and I doubt that it would be realistic for someone who is shomer shabbos to work in the front office of a professional sports team. Still, I can't help but feel a bit envious.