"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, October 09, 2006
 
Traitor Brooks Throws A Changeup

Who does New York Times columnist David Brooks think he's fooling?

In a column just before the start of the 2005 baseball season, Brooks declared his intent to "switch my allegiance from the beloved Mets to the new team of my adopted town. I will become a fan of the Washington Nationals."

Brooks implicitly indicated that his abandonment of the Mets was largely due to their poor play.

In an outraged post, I declared that Brooks's "status as a Mets fan is ended, and he is to be placed on the Mets Ineligible List, never to be eligible for reinstatement."

And yet now that the Nationals have completed an awful season and the Mets are in the playoffs, Brooks has thrown a changeup, writing in yesterday's Times that "no one can describe the agony I feel" as "a true Mets fan."

True Mets fan? I don't think so. The real Mets fan remains a Mets fan wherever we are in the world, and wherever the Mets are in the standings. During times of misery and times of euphoria, however much we complain and curse them, our allegiance to the New York Metropolitans is unconditional.

As for Brooks, I guess he's no longer a Nationals fan either. Good riddance from both New Yorkers and Washingtonians.