"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, November 24, 2006
 
Jewish Hospitality

Stuck on a long line, I could not avoid overhearing the following this morning in a Kew Gardens Hills, Queens grocery store:

Young married woman ("YMW"), probably in her late 20's: Hi, how are you!

Older woman ("OW"), probably around 60: Hello, I haven't seen you in a while.

YMW: You should come over to us for a shabbos meal.

OW: Oh, I wouldn't want to impose.

YMW: We would love to have you. You could come this shabbos.

OW: No, it's already Friday morning, that wouldn't be fair to you.

YMW: It would be fine. I already cooked. Would like you to come for a meal?

OW: Are you sure?

YMW: Definitely, I already cooked.

OW: Well tomorrow wouldn't work for me.

YMW: So come to us tonight.

OW: Really, it's okay?

YMW: Absolutely, so we'll see you tonight, okay?

OW: Okay, thank you very much.

OW walks away. YMW makes a call on her cell phone:

YMW: Hi ___, you're not going to believe it. I'm at ________ and just ran into ________. I say hello and that I haven't seen her for a while, and she invites herself for a meal.

Pause.

YMW: Yes, this shabbos. Tonight.

Pause.

YMW: I know, I told her that lunch was better, and she insisted on coming tonight. So can you take care of the soup and dessert? I'll pick up some food and then will just have to cook.