"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
 
Theeeeeeeeeee Yankees Lose!

As a Mets fan, I'm pleased to see the Yankees season end a mere eight days after the completion of the Mets' collapse (it seems like longer, doesn't it?). As a baseball fan and a New Yorker, I must confess that I would have enjoyed a Yankees vs. Red Sox ALCS.

I envy the must-win attitude that would lead the Yankees to fire Joe Torre, such a welcome contrast from Omar Minaya's claim that the Mets 88-win season was an overall success.

But is firing Torre the right move? I don't know. Of the eight teams in the 2006 MLB playoffs, only the Yankees made it back to the playoffs this season. Torre's feat of 12 straight playoff appearances is outstanding. Even if his game strategy is not perfect, he's a lot better than Willie Randolph, and he never lost his team.

I'm skeptical that Don Mattingly or Joe Girardi will achieve better results than Torre, but that's for the Yankees to decide. Of course it won't happen, but I actually think Davey Johnson would be a great fit for the Yankees. He knows how to manage a young pitching staff and with the Mets, Reds and Orioles did well mixing veterans and young players.