"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
 
Pre-Pesach Musings

1. I just remembered that I never did get Intellivision for my afikoman. If I still don't get one this year, I'll just have to buy it myself.

2. Today's Post quotes Mets second baseman Luis Castillo as saying, "When I play three or four games in a row, maybe I can get a day off. I'm going to talk to Willie about it."

Castillo, a Willie type of guy, is fitting in perfectly with the Mets.

3. Gary Carter's new book will be released tomorrow. I'll probably read it eventually, but based on a quick peruse on Amazon, it doesn't seem to break much new grounds about the Mets.

4. At a Bar Ilan University program today, Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu stated that public opinion among Americans became more favorable to Israel following 9/11. Haaretz responded with this absurdly sensationalist headline: "Report: Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel".

Haaretz did not have a reporter covering the event, which is not surprising, since Haaretz is first an outlet for Israeli elites to express their opinion to foreigners, and an Israeli newspaper secondarily.

5. My son would not go to sleep, as a result of which I was up very late watching some of the latest episode of Bill Maher's program, including his interview of Richard Dawkins.

There were two interesting aspects to the interview. First, that Maher grossly misrepresented the theological beliefs of scientist Francis Collins. Second, that Dawkins, who was raised Anglican, appears to have a lot more respect for those who believe in Christianity's claims about Jesus than for those who take Genesis literally. In other words, even Dawkins, who purportedly has renounced his own religious upbringing, finds the claims of his own former religion less implausible than what he perceives to be those of other religions.