The Zionist Conspiracy
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Short Non-Sports Musings
1. It would be nice to believe that dovish Israeli leaders are not naive simpletons who are unwilling and unable to understand Arab intentions toward Israel. But now President Shimon Peres said in a pre-Yom Ha'atzmaut interview, "I did not think we'd have so many problems. I believed the separation between the West Bank and Gaza would make things easier, not harder. I did not imagine that we would leave Gaza and they would fire Qassams from there; I did not imagine that Hamas would show so strongly in the elections."
Israel leaving Gaza and Arabs firing rockets from there? Who could have imagined anything like that?
Will Peres now concede that Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu was right? Don't hold your breath.
2. I confess that Michelle Obama annoys me. Does that make me a bad person?
3. I understand that most politicians will say anything to pander for votes, but a Senator from New York blasting Wall Street is a bit much.
4. It's nice to know that if, God forbid, Iran nukes Israel, the U.S. will supposedly respond very strongly. Will it also fund construction of a museum in Washington in memory of the State of Israel?
5. News reports about the latest Olmert investigation make the affair sound a lot more than a campaign finance scheme than anything resembling bribery.
6. Social conservatives rail against the large number of abortions performed in the U.S. But then the same people repeatedly ridicule pregnant teen TV star Jamie Lynn Spears, who, according the media, intends to raise her child and marry the father. I support neither abortion nor teen pregnancy, but to the extent the latter occurs, it would seem that public ridicule will only lead most teen girls and young women to quietly abort.