"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, September 14, 2008
 
Week Two

The drive today was the familiar one on gameday - the LIE to the Midtown Tunnel, across Manhattan to the Lincoln Tunnel, and then Route 3 to Giants Stadium.

But I didn't get off 3 West at the stadium exit. Instead I drove another five or six miles to Clifton for the funeral of a colleague who was around to watch Week 1 of this NFL season but on Thursday morning was somehow suddenly gone.

The funeral started at 1, so I could have done both. I could have gone to the funeral, offered my condolences and paid my respects, and afterward made the short drive from Clifton to Giants Stadium in time for the 4:15 kickoff. Likely, that's what Rich would have suggested I do.

Instead I sold the tickets - to a Patriots fan. After the funeral and a stop at Rich's home in Bloomfield, I headed back, driving past the stadium - at 3:30 then starting to fill up - and went home.

There will be other Sundays to go to Jets games.

I did watch the game. Favre was inconsistent and threw a terrible INT. The kicking game was abysmal. The playcalling was poor - especially the three consecutive runs with 1st and goal at the 3. Lots of terrible penalties were committed. Overall, the game convinced me that my preseason 8-8 prediction was on target. The only positive I can think of was the play of Chansi Stuckey, who looks like the Jets' number 3 WR.

There will be other Sundays to commiserate after a frustrating Jets (and Mets) loss.

Today for me is a day to reflect on the wins and the losses that I experienced with Rich, on our many, many office conferences, on the thousands of late-night and early morning e-mails we exchanged. On the untimely loss of a fine man and a fine lawyer.