"
The Zionist Conspiracy

A clandestine undertaking on behalf of Israel, the Jets and the Jews.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, March 01, 2010
 
The Gold Medal Game

Thanks to a dead car battery, I missed the third period of yesterday's classic gold medal game between the USA and Canada.

Watching the game was an unusual experience for me, probably akin to what it's like to be a casual fan of a team playing for a championship - though I'm not really sure, because I'm not a casual fan and my teams very rarely play for championships. If their team wins, casual fans get all excited and hop onto the bandwagon. If their team loses, the casual fan's day goes on as if nothing went wrong.

That's what it felt like to me yesterday. I don't know anyone who was really too upset about our loss. Which probably means it's a good thing that Canada won. The Canadians really needed to win this one.

I wonder whether the game will turn many sports fans into hockey fans.