The Zionist Conspiracy
Monday, September 27, 2010
Some random thoughts on last night's win:
1. Dustin Keller may be on the verge of breaking the Jets first round jinx in drafting tight ends.
2. Matt Slauson does not look ready to start at left guard. Right now, he's the weak link on offense.
3. The Jets need to give the ball to Shonn Greene more, so as to establish their between-the-tackles run game.
4. The Jets destroyed their early 4th quarter drive (following Eric Smith's blocked punt) with penalties.
5. Smith and Jim Leonhard have been disappointing at safety. Maybe the Jets miss Kerry Rhodes.
6. The Jets were lucky to win. Had they insisted on a ground and pound game and handcuffed Mark Sanchez, they would have lost.
7. Darrelle Revis and Calvin Pace were both missed.
8. The run defense was solid - and that may have been the difference in the game.
9. Steve Weatherford has had a really good start to the season.
10. Rex Ryan should have challenged the early 2nd quarter pass caught by Davone Bess with a foot out of bounds. The Dolphins were down 14-0 then. They went on to score a TD and gain the momentum.
11. The Jets offense should be really solid when Santonio Holmes returns - so long as they stay healthy at RB and TE.